Saturday, June 1, 2013

Life 2.0

Well, I guess now is when it all begins.  Life 2.0.  Where I leave the job, security, and comfort of my current life and start fresh.  Go explore somewhere I have never been, see things I have never seen, and generally get as far from my comfort zone as I possibly can.

 
I guess I should back up a bit.  I went through school and wound up with a bachelors in Electrical Engineering.  I spent 5 years using my degree in Huntsville, AL.  I got to do good work, travel some, and see a big variety of projects.  I have some really spectacular friends here, and I like most of the people I work with.  I have found outdoor adventures, indoor adventures, and life changing experiences.  I spend five years building a life in Huntsville, but never quite settling down.  

I think motorcycle touring with my brother really got me started thinking maybe I really want to see the rest of what the world has to offer.



There were many trips.  Every time, I learned something about myself, the world, and other people.


There were many bikes, and many destinations.  However, spending 5 weeks traveling across the US on dirt bikes really made me realize that I needed to get out there and see the world while I didn't have any obligations tying me down.



So now, finally, I am doing it.  It started as going back to school for a change of scenery.  Then I wanted to travel some first.  Then I discovered that going back to school could involve a year in France.  So here I am, currently jobless and homeless, traveling the US for 2 months this summer, then off to France and back to school to learn about robots!  

This blog is here to document the journey and to share my ideas about myself and the country, continent, world and universe I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment